Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Scrapbooking Retreat


I returned Sunday evening from a terrific weekend spent with fellow scrapbookers. We were staying and working at the Covered Bridge Inn in Weatherford, Texas...a wonderful spot specifically set up for scrapbooking with 5' tables for each of 20 people who were there. That's an aerial view of the place to the right here. This weekend there was actually 21 of us...Six of them were there with me and my friend, Michelle had 3 with her. Luckily we were able to fill up Michelle's extra spots and go this past weekend. The picture to the right here is of the bedroom that Michelle and I both slept in...and bumped our heads too! OUCH! You can't walk standing up next to the heads of the beds!









The food was delicious as it has been in the past. My favorite this weekend was the Poppy Seed Chicken. The desserts are the very best thing of all! This is the dining hall.





This is the crop room. It is furnished with rolling chairs, a big screen tv, many sizzex machines and other goodies such as every kind of punch you can imagine. There are windows on both sides of this section of the retreat.



All of the bedrooms are upstairs. This is the huge sitting room available to guests and not pictured here is the massage room. ( I highly recommend it!)



As of right now, Pat is booked up for most of 2008 and even some of 2009. We are hoping to schedule a time to go next in August... (C.D. how about this time -- do you want to go this weekend? should be Aug. 1-3 cost remains at $180. but includes more of the traditional "make N takes, door prizes, etc. from the scrapbook store owner who is sponsoring that particular weekend... I've seen some of her stuff...it's nice! Deposit of $100 is due to get your name on the list.)


At the end of this are some of my group who went , as well as a picture of Michelle...(they were all first timers--my third visit and Michelle's 4th or 5th, I think!)














































And last of all are the two stacks of supplies that I took with me...I packed well but it was still a lot of stuff to take with me! Next time, I plan to try for less.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

YES YES YES...August will be perfect! I'll consider it an early b'day present.

Your pictures make the place look SO fun; I'm jealous you get to go so often. And by August, I'll have plenty of grandbaby pictures to scrap!!