Sunday, April 8, 2007

Woo-hoo! My remote actually does work!


I know...it's most likely very odd to be cheering the slow death of the battery in the stimulator that is controlling my brain--the pacemaker like device that is a life-saver for me. With all that we have planned for ourselves for the next 3-4 months this is the best time to find out that the older battery (the one that has not been replaced yet) is getting low. My remote says so! Of course, it just so happens that Jim and I went to Dr, Stewart's office last Friday to get him to check on the setting of that battery because Daniel (at the Human Performance Lab) had said that it was lower than most. It was registering at a 3.6 back on March 22 when checked while going through the "tests" that they put me through at the HPL. Friday it registered at 3.2 and Dr. Stewart decided that I should go see Dr. Desaloms to set up a date for the exchange (new battery for old one). Dr. Desaloms' office wasn't open that day so I will be calling them tomorrow to set it all up...Last time we did this we were in on a Monday and by Wednesday morning we were in the hospital as an outpatient. I don't know if things can happen that fast this time but we shall see...

Back to the remote--I am happy to see that the remote is working as it is supposed to FLASH when the battery gets low...it is doing that now. Last time it didn't ever do that -- or maybe I just never checked it until it was completely gone but it is nice to know that it works this time.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

You'll get recharged and in no time will be on your way to Alaska! I'm so glad your doctor is local and you don't have to travel far to get what you need (like my dad does).