Thursday, April 12, 2007

just hoping that yesterday is not a clue about the way things will go on Friday...

Yesterday was not a good day for me! First of all, when I was outside at afternoon recess I noticed that the diamond solitaire from my wedding ring was missing! I was just sick...:( The playground is not at all the place to lose a diamond...much sand, gravel and even some grass out there... none of which make it easy to spot something small. I had the first graders out there searching for me but no one found it and then we searched inside too...but there was really no way for me to know when it fell out...I hadn't bumped my hand on anything that I could remember.

AND THEN, adding more yucky stuff--my period began and is rather heavy--especially since it's been over a year that I've had one! I felt sure I was in menopause...this is not something I wanted to deal with this week especially since I'll be having surgery Friday to replace my stimulator battery.

If I was a supertstitious person I might be concerned since Friday is Friday the 13th...but not being superstitious, I'm expecting it to go well and probably be back at work by Tuesday...Can't be out too many days anymore since I'm buying one more year of service with the 50 state days of personal leave that I have left.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Poor friend! I'm so sorry you lost your diamond, I know it was precious to you. And the post-menopause period ...whew, that WOULD try anyone's patience!

Hopefully the battery surgery will go well. Will say a prayer for you, and look forward to your next post.