Sunday, April 29, 2007

I can't believe it but I'm just 20 days away from my last day of school....ever!!!!!!!! This has just been one of the worst possible weeks when it comes to looking back on the days of teaching. Without the support and the love from Jim and also from my teammates I do not imagine that I would have been able to make it through all of the crumminess. I'd rather not even discuss it so let me just pass on it and hope that it will not rear up any more this month of May.

Jim, Dennis, June, Lynda, Cole, and I just watched one of the yuckiest movies I've ever seen: SNAKES ON A PLANE!!! I can not believe we actually sat through the whole thing...talk about an unreal story. Probably most funny of all was the fact that we all yelled out, screamed, and jumped and hid our faces throughout most of the story.

I have friends in NYC this weekend for the annual UNITY WALK, I'm proud of them and their efforts to raise money for the purpose of finding a cure for the PD. Way to go, Becci, Judy, and Annie! Looking forward to seeing you in July at the YOPN in Chicago.

What else? Just looking forward to my Retirement Reception which will be at the school on Thursday, May 17th. I came up with quite a list of people who I enjoyed teaching and/or teaching with these past 25 years. Now I'm hoping that at least half of them will find the time to come on over to Ditto to gather the "old friends" for some great celebrating that day!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Counting the days ... no fair! I'm really jealous you get to retire this year. I have to wait until 2010.

Anyway, congratulations on a long and wonderful career as you've taught children more than what's in the books. You are special and I'm proud to call you my friend!