Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Finished product (we hope!)




The reason that I say (we hope!) is that yesterday after taking Jim's car in to the shop earlier that morning -- and that's another story...but anyway, I discovered that the floor around the aquarium was soaking wet! Something about the way that Jim had set up the aquarium caused it to shut down and then overflow below the aquarium so that the 25 gallons of salt water that I had rushed to the pet store to buy at the last minute the day before (ties to story about the car) was soaking into the carpet around the aquarium! I immediately called Jim and said HELP! He tried to tell me what valve to turn...I wasn't strong enough to turn it...and then he told me where to stop the siphon. Finally I began trying to get the water up with the old shop vac that we had...






Jim got home and began working on the tank at about 3:45 or so...Now it just so happens that Monday nights are our dance lessons night. I suggested to Jim that we would have to miss, but he was not inclined to do so for fear of never being able to catch up. So as a result at 5:25 we were dashing off to the pet store to buy the salt water we needed to fill up the aquarium again. Then we left the store and drove over to UTA for the dance lessons. We were only about 30 minutes late so we essentially missed the review part of the lessons.




When we got home following the lessons we stopped at Colter's to eat and came home so that Jim could put the water into the tank. Of course, all of this makes it sound much simpler than it is...Finally, again, we have a beautiful tank. Pictures below:

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

The tank is beautiful! WHAT A JOB!! I know you were exhausted when that was all over...