Saturday, July 28, 2007

Suddenly, August!

Don't know why I chose to begin this with that particular headline...It doesn't really go with this picture of 3 lovely ladies! It's hard to believe that it is almost the end of August and soon most of the educators will be going back to work and to school. But, not me! Nope, I have officially retired and am very glad of it!



I'm going to get involved in some kind of exercise program even if means that I have to go upstairs (where there is not much air conditioning taking place) and pull out the DANCE, DANCE REVOLUTION xbox game.

Today I received a copy of a direct deposit that the school district made for this month. They should not be paying me anything this month (since they paid me for the rest of the year at the end of May), but I received a deposit notification slip for $.03!!!!!I could not believe that they bothered to find an evidently "missing" three cents and go to the trouble and expense to have it mailed to me.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

How funny about the .03 deposit!

I'm glad you're not missing the "back to school hustle" that begins this week. Of course, I don't experience that since (1) I work year round, and (2) my students aren't out either.

Anyway, we inaugurate our new school year with a 2-day inservice every year. Ours this year is Aug.23-24 at our local jr. college campus. That will be a nice break from students.

You look great; hope you're feeling well.