Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Butterfly Life --My Choice For Workout Place


Ok, well, I've made my choice for a workout place. I did choose the nearest place. I can walk up the street to the storefront and can get there within 20 min. I think... This afternoon (after joining this morning) I went up for my first workout. At 3:15 I met with one of the women that works there and she got me started on the circuit machines. She weighed me and took my measurements and then we went through the circuit once with her showing me each set up and then I did the next circuit by myself. I am starting at the lowest level with the weights and the smallest number of repetitions. It's amazing but I already can "feel" the soreness that I'm sure I will be experiencing big time by the end of this week. The workout room had only one other person in it during the time that I was there. I was there for about one hour but I expect to be able to do it in about 30 -45 min. if I drive there, and in about an hour if I walk up there. The walking up there will most likely occur once it gets a little cooler weatherwise.


So, I'm exercising regularly now...hooray and hopefully I can lose the weight that I've put back on since I lost that weight last year prior to the first cruise we took. I'm sure that I will begin to feel better once I lose some of this weight.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Good for you! I used our local Curves for about 6 months then I got busier and quit. I rarely hold to an exercise regimen longer than 3-6 months, unfortunately. I gained weight on our cruise last Christmas and STILL haven't lost it! argh! And, yes, I would feel better if I did.
Anyway,, congrats to you for entering the exercise fray!